Chocolate Orange Mousse
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||4 Ounce (1 Ounce Per Square)|
1) Grate the orange rind finely, but do not remove the pits.
2) Break the chocolate into pieces.
3) On the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate pieces over gently simmering water.
4) In a heavy bottomed pan, immediately pour the melted chocolate and add the butter and orange rind.
5) In two bowls, separate the eggs.
6) Add the yolks to the chocolate, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon to prevent the mixture from boiling.
7) Remove pan from heat.
8) Keep to cool.
9) Add pinch of salt to egg whites and beat till stiff peaks form.
10) Fold one or two spoonfuls into the chocolate mixture, to make it more liquid, then gently fold in the rest of the whites with a spatula or metal spoon.
11) Take care not to let the mixture become flat and heavy.
12) Into a serving bowl, pour the mixture and chill for 3 hours before serving.
13) Serve the mousse as dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1117 Calories from Fat 685
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g120.9%
Saturated Fat 41.8 g208.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 910.4 mg303.5%
Sodium 551.6 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42%
Sugars 77.9 g
Protein 31 g62.6%
Vitamin A 41.6% Vitamin C 119.2%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 40.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet