Coffee Mousse with Strawberries
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant coffee||1 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated milk||13 Ounce, sweetened with sugar (1 Can)|
|Freshly grated orange peel/1/2 teaspoon spice island dried orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), whipped to make 1/2 pint|
|Whole strawberries||3 Cup (48 tbs), hulled|
1) In a bowl, soften the gelatin in cold water, then stir over hot water, until dissolved.
2) Stir in the instant coffee and keep aside to cool.
3) In a bowl, beat the eggs, until pale and thick.
4) Stir in the milk and orange peel, beat until thoroughly blended.
5) Stir in the gelatin mixture.
6) In a bowl, whip 1 cup cream and gently fold in the gelatin mixture.
7) In a ring mold, pour the mixture and refrigetate for about 8 hours or overnight until set.
8) In a small bowl, place the strawberries, pour over 3 tablespoons Cointreau and keep aside.
9) Just before serving, dip mold in hot water and unmold on a serving dish.
10) In a bowl, blend 1 tablespoon Cointreau and 1/2 cup whipped cream together.
11) Spoon the cream and half of the strawberries in the center of the mousse and surround with rest of the strawberries.
12) Slice the mold into serving pieces, spoon over the strawberries and whipped cream and serve immediately.