My Oh My Chocolate Mousse Pie
|Reduced fat chocolate graham cracker rectangles||8|
|70% buttermilk vegetable oil spread||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark semisweet chocolate||7 Ounce, broken into pieces|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen fat free non dairy whipped topping||2 Cup (32 tbs), thawed|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) To make the crust, break up the graham crackers and put them in a food processor.
3) Process into fine crumbs and add the honey and vegetable oil spread. Use the on/off motion to pulse till the crumbs have evenly moistened.
4) Turn the crumbs into a 9-inch spring form pan and spread evenly over the pan-€™s bottom and about 1½-inches up the sides.
5) Use a piece of plastic wrap to cover the pan. Firmly press the crust. Remove the plastic.
6) In the preheated oven, bake the crust for about 5 minutes.
7) Put the pan on the wire rack and allow to completely cool.
8) To make the filling, sprinkle gelatin over ¼ cup of cold water in a saucepan.
9) Allow to stand for about 1 minute, so that the gelatin can soften.
10) Put the pan over low heat and stir till the gelatine has dissolved.
11) Bring the evaporated milk to a boil in a medium sauce, occasionally stirring.
12) Add the cocoa powder, chocolate and sugar and stir well.
13) Use a wire whisk to whisk the mixture till it is smooth.
14) Add the gelatin mixture and vanilla and stir well.
15) Into a large bowl, pour the mixture. Cool to room temperature.
16) Place the bowl in the fridge and refrigerate, stirring every 10 minutes, till the mixture has thickened and has started to mound. This takes about 40 minutes.
17) Fold in the whipped topping very gently.
18) Pour the concoction into the crust and place in the fridge for about 2 hours, till set.
19) Serve whole on a serving platter or on individual plates after cutting into wedges. Can be served as a dessert or a part treat.