Frozen Maple Mousse
|Maple syrup/Maple blended syrup||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a double boiler, over direct heat, heat maple syrup just until it is bubbly around edge of the pan.
2. In another small bowl, with electric mixer or rotary beater, beat egg yolks with salt until light-colored. Gradually beat in all the syrup. Return mixture to top of double boiler.
3. Cook the mixture over simmering water, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and forms a coating on a metal spoon. This will take about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Set top of double boiler in ice water; beat mixture until thick and fluffy and well chilled. This will take about 5 minutes.
5. In large chilled bowl, beat cream just until stiff. Fold in syrup mixture. Pour into 2 ice-cube trays. Freeze until firm about 1 inch from edge.
6. Turn into large bowl; beat with wire whisk until smooth. Turn into 6-cup mold, preferably with a tube. Freeze, covered with plastic film, until it is firm and this will take 4 hours.
7. Unmold the dessert, garnish with candied violets, strawberries, whipped cream and icing sugar and serve chilled.