Apricot and Orange Mousse
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Boiling water||1 Pint|
|Cold water||4 Tablespoon|
|Powdered gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
1) Wash the apricots and place in a saucepan.
2) Pour boiling water over apricots, cover with a lid and leave to soak for 2 hours.
3) Place the saucepan over low heat, bring slowly to the boil then cover with a lid and simmer very gently until the apricots are quite soft.
4) This should take about 35-40 minutes, stir occasionally to break up the fruit.
3) In a teacup, measure the cold water sprinkle the gelatine in and allow to soak for 5 minutes.
4) When the apricots are soft, remove the pan from heat and add the soaked gelatine.
5) Stir until dissolvedâ€”the heat of the pan should be sufficient to do this.
6)Then stir in the sugar to sweeten.
7) Through sieve pass the apricots in a basin to make puree.
8) Discard any skin pieces left in the sieve.
9) Add the strained orange juice to the puree and set aside to cool.
10) Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the apricot mixture.
11) Pour into a serving dish and chill until set.
12) Decorate with a little grated, plain chocolate, if liked, and serve with cream.