|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon, softened in 1/4 cup dry vermouth (2 Envelopes)|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), minced cooked|
|Ground nutmeg||To Taste|
|Dry madeira||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , peeled and grated|
|Cold heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In a pan melt the butter and cook the shallots slowly until soft, taking care that they do not brown as browning would affect the flavor of the mousse.
2. In a bowl or a container blend the chicken stock and the gelatin until smooth, add the chicken, half at a time preferably to a blender as it produces a very fine puree and process.
3. Into a clean bowl empty the puree to cool and season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
4. Optionally add more seasoning than you would think necessary as the cream will tone it down.
5. Then stir in the Madeira and the lemon juice, peel and refrigerate.
6. When the chicken mixture is almost set, whip the cream to form soft peaks.
7. Into the setting chicken mixture fold the cream and correct the seasonings.
8. Spoon into an oiled 6-cup mold or individual 1/2-cup ramekins and refrigerate for about 4-5 hours.
9. Serve chilled as an after dinner dish or meal or as desired.
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.7%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.2 mg40.1%
Sodium 350.8 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.74 g3%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 25 g50.1%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 6% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet