|Crab meat||1 Pound, prepared (450 Grams)|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce (175 Grams)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|For the lemon aspic:|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Pint (15 Deciliter)|
|Powdered gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , thinly sliced (For Garnishing)|
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the brown and white crab meat removing bone or sinews if any.
2. In a saucepan, soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
3. Make the lemon aspic by heating the soaked gelatin on a low flame, stirring until the gelatin completely dissolves.
4. Take pan off the heat and stir in lemon juice and vinegar.
5. To the crab meat, add cream cheese and mayonnaise and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
6. Season the mixture according to taste.
7. Reserving 2 tablespoons of the lemon aspic in the pan, pour the remaining into the crab mixture, beating to mix thoroughly.
8. Turn the mousse mixtur into a 1 1/2-pint (1-litre) soufflÃ© mold or serving dish.
9. Top with a layer of thinly sliced cucumber slices, arranged in a neat overlapping manner.
10. Soften the reserved aspic by reheating.
11. Pour and spread it evenly over the cucumber slices.
12. Place the mold in the refrigerator to set and chill the mousse before serving.
13. Unmold the mousse on a platter lined with lettuce if you like.
14. Slice and serve cold with lemon wedges to squeeze.
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.5 mg15.2%
Sodium 255 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.12 g0.47%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 16 g32.4%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet