Cucumber and Cream Cheese Mousse
|Cream cheese/2 cartons cottage cheese, 8 ounce each||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Castor sugar||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Powdered gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
|Watercress||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm) (Or As Required, For Garnish)|
1. Peel cucumber, cut lengthwise and discard the seeds.
2. Chop finely.
3. In a mixing basin, blend the cream cheese until soft and if using cottage cheese, pass it through a sieve into the mixing basin.
4. Stir in mayonnaise.
5. Into a saucepan, measure the water, add the salt and sugar, and sprinkle gelatine.
6. Let the mixture soak for 5 minutes.
7. Heat the mixture on low and stir until the gelatine has dissolved; do not boil.
8. Remove the pan from heat and let it cool.
9. Add the cooled gelatine mixture to the mayonnaise and cheese mixture.
10.Add chopped cucumber and fold in the lightly-whipped cream; mix well.
11. Into a 1 1/2-pint (scant 1 -liter) ring mould, add cold water and rinse.
12. Pour the mixture and chill until firm.
13. On to a serving plate, turn over the mould.
14. Garnish with watercress.
15. Serve with thinly sliced brown bread and butter.