Apple And Blackcurrant Mousse
|Cooking apples||1 1⁄2 Pound (650 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Raw cane sugar||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Whole meal cake crumbs||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Cream||4 Fluid Ounce, whipped (120 Milliliter)|
|Blackcurrants||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish, Extra Sprigs)|
1. Clean, peel and core the apples
2. Place the apples in the saucepan with butter, three quarter of the sugar
3. Cook gently until soft and mushy or for fifteen minutes
4. Pass the apples through a sieve
5. Set the purée in the saucepan again
6. Clean the currants by removing any damaged parts and stems
7. Wash and drain them
8. Add them to the apple puree
9. Blend the egg yolks and crumbs together and stir into the fruit mixture.
10. In a small bowl, mix the arrowroot and water together, Tip this mixture into the apple mixture in the saucepan. Reheat the mixture until it bubbles and thickens.
11. Cook for a minute to cook the starch again
12. Beat the egg whites until stiff,
13. Add in the remaining sugar and beat again
14. Fold this mixture into the hot fruit and mix well.
15. Pour into fluted glasses and chill.
16. Serve topped with whipped cream and with each glass draped with a little sprig of currants.
You can also puree the apples in a blender and then add in the currants
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2524 Calories from Fat 729
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g125%
Saturated Fat 44.8 g223.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1007.7 mg335.9%
Sodium 652.7 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 439 g146.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.9 g71.5%
Sugars 353.2 g
Protein 35 g69.2%
Vitamin A 65.2% Vitamin C 99.1%
Calcium 46.5% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet