Toasted Coconut Mousse Pie
|Chocolate wafers||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), crushed|
|Finely crushed chocolate wafers||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Toasted coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peaches||1 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Sliced peaches||1 Tablespoon|
1) Drain the liquid from peaches.
2) Combine chocolate wafers and sugar.
3) Blend in butter or margarine.
4) Take a 9-inch pie pan and pack the mixture evenly and firmly on bottom and sides of it.
5) Whip cream until it reaches a stiff stage and then slowly fold in confectioners' sugar.
6) Mix in vanilla extract and coconut.
7) Beat egg whites till they reach a stiff stage, but not dry.
8) Mix this with the cream mixture.
9) Into the prepared chocolate pie shell, pour the mixture and freeze for about 2 hours on the floor of the freezer compartment until firm, keeping the temperature control at position nine.
10) Top frozen mixture with the drained peaches.
11) Serve cold.
Calories 1175 Calories from Fat 693
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g119.3%
Saturated Fat 49.3 g246.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.7 mg71.6%
Sodium 702.1 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 61 g
Protein 9 g17.9%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet