Toasted Coconut Mousse Pie
|Chocolate wafers||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), crushed|
|Finely crushed chocolate wafers||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Toasted coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peaches||1 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Sliced peaches||1 Tablespoon|
1) Drain the liquid from peaches.
2) Combine chocolate wafers and sugar.
3) Blend in butter or margarine.
4) Take a 9-inch pie pan and pack the mixture evenly and firmly on bottom and sides of it.
5) Whip cream until it reaches a stiff stage and then slowly fold in confectioners' sugar.
6) Mix in vanilla extract and coconut.
7) Beat egg whites till they reach a stiff stage, but not dry.
8) Mix this with the cream mixture.
9) Into the prepared chocolate pie shell, pour the mixture and freeze for about 2 hours on the floor of the freezer compartment until firm, keeping the temperature control at position nine.
10) Top frozen mixture with the drained peaches.
11) Serve cold.