Spring Time Mousse
|Plain gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Lemon, rind||3 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) Allow gelatine to soften in cold water and then leave aside.
2) In top of double boiler, over hot water, cook a mixture of egg yolks, 2 tsps lemon rind, lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar and salt, stirring constantly, until the mixture is slightly thickened.
3) Take off the mixture from heat and then mix in softened gelatine and vanilla.
4) Let the mixture cool to lukewarm.
5) Beat egg whites until they reach a stiff stage, but not dry.
6) Slowly beat in remaining sugar to form a meringue.
7) Beat cream and mix it with the meringue.
8) Combine the cooled egg mixture with the whipped cream mixture.
9) Take a one quart mould; grease it slightly with oil and then sprinkle with remaining lemon rind.
10) Into this prepared mould, pour the mousse and keep in refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours.
11) Serve cold.
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.6%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 210 mg70%
Sodium 227.7 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 45.3 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet