Jane's Chocolate Mousse Tart
|For tart shell|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Ground almonds/Ground roasted hazelnuts / almonds / pistachios / brazil nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), roasted|
|Vanilla extract/1/2 teaspoon almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate||8 Ounce|
|Unsweetened chocolate||4 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 , separated|
|Liqueur||3 Tablespoon (Cognac, Rum, Kirsch, Kahlua Or As Per Choice)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 375°.
2) FOR THE TART SHELL: In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, and salt. Rub in butter into the flour until mixture is crumbly.
3) Now, put in the egg and mix. Then add in the nuts and vanilla. Use an electric mixer at low speed and blend until the dough forms a ball. Roll out.
4) On an 8-inch tart pan, press in the rolled out dough. Chill until the dough is firm.
5) Keep in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until it becomes golden brown and the edges pull away slightly from the sides of the pan.
6) Keep aside to cool. Freeze until ready to use.
7) FOR THE MOUSSE: In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter until smooth.
8) In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and add the chocolate-butter mixture. Spoon in the liqueur and stir.
9) In a different bowl, beat the egg whites along with cream of tartar to form a soft peak. Put in the sugar slowly and gradually. Continue to whisk until stiff.
10) Blend one third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and fold in the rest.
11) Whisk the cream and fold it into the mousse.
12) Make the tart by adding the chilled mousse in irregular dollops into the shell. Chill till needed.
13) Sprinkle chocolate curls on top, make slices and serve.