Minted Chocolate Mousse
|Semi-sweet chocolate||6 Ounce|
|Eggs||6 Ounce, separated|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Mint extract/Use creme de menthe - 1 tablespoon or fresh mint leaves - 2 tablespoons,chopped||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a double boiler, melt the chocolate over simmering water. Remove from the heat and pour into 2) In a mixing bowl,pour the melted chocolate after removing from heat.
3) Lightly beat the egg yolks till fluffy and fold them into the melted chocolate.
4) In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to a soft peak.
5) Now add sugar and beat again to form stiff peaks.
6) Mix a third of the whites into the chocolate mixture and then fold the chocolate into the remaining beaten whites,adding a small quantity at a time.
7) Whip the heavy cream with the mint extract until stiff and fold into the chocolate mixture.
8) Chill thoroughly. Top with a swril of whipped cream, if you wish.