Redcap Veal Mousse
|For tomato aspic layer|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|For veal layer|
|Condensed cream of celery soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped cooked veal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (From A 5-Ounce Can)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped chives||1 Teaspoon|
1. To make tomato-aspic layer in a small saucepan soften gelatin in water by heating with constant stirring such that gelatin dissolves.
2. Remove from heat, blend in tomato sauce and lemon juice, pour into an 8-cup mold and chill such that sticky-firm.
3. To make veal layer in a medium-size saucepan soften gelatin in water by heating with constant stirring such that gelatin dissolves.
4. Stir in soup until mixture is smooth and remove from heat.
5. Blend in mayonnaise or salad dressing, then stir in veal, almonds, parsley and chives and chill such that thick as unbeaten egg white.
6. In mold spoon over tomato-aspic layer and chill several hours such that firm.
7. Run a sharp-tip, thin-blade knife around top of mold, then dip mold very quickly in and out of a pan of hot water.
8. Invert onto serving plate and carefully lift off mold.
9. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with additional mayonnaise or salad dressing if desired.
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.4%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.5 mg36.2%
Sodium 311.2 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 30 g59.6%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet