|Caster sugar||100 Gram|
|Lemon juice||150 Milliliter (2 Large Spoons, 75 Milliliter Each)|
|Cold water||225 Milliliter (3 Large Spoons, 75 Milliliter Each)|
|Double cream||150 Milliliter|
1) After picking over the blackberries, put them in a saucepan along with the sugar and lemon juice. Place over low heat to draw the juices and dissolve the sugar. Cover and gently cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
2) In a basin, put the cold water and sprinkle the gelatine on it. Allow to stand for 3 minutes till the mixture becomes a sponge.
3) Take the pan off the heat and add the gelatine. Stir well till it has completely dissolved.
4) Through a sieve, pass the fruit and juice to make a puree. Keep on one side till it has cooled down and is beginning to set.
5) Till it forms soft peaks, whisk the cream.
6) Beat the egg whites till they are stiff.
7) Fold the cream and egg whites in the puree and blend evenly.
8) Freeze for storage by turning the concoction into a 2-pint strong, moulded glass or ovenproof dish, covering, labelling and placing in the freezer.
9) Take the cover off and thaw in the fridge overnight or for about 6 hours at room temperature. Spoon into glasses and serve after topping each serving with a blackberry.