Red Currant And Raspberry Mousse
|Red currant||225 Gram|
|Cold water||75 Milliliter (1 Large Spoon)|
|Orange juice||225 Milliliter (3 Large Spoons)|
|Double cream||150 Milliliter|
1) In a saucepan, put the water and sugar. Gently heat till the sugar has dissolved, stirring all the while.
2) Add the fruit and continue cooking gently for some minutes till the juice begins to run out.
3) Sieve to make a puree and keep aside till it becomes quite cold.
4) In a small bowl, place the gelatine with the cold water. Allow to stand for about 3 minutes till the mixture becomes a sponge. Add the orange juice.
5) In a pan of simmering water, stand the bowl and let the gelatine dissolve. Allow to cool slightly and stir into the fruit puree. Allow to stand till the mixture has almost set.
6) Till it forms soft peaks, whisk the cream.
7) Whisk the egg whites till they are stiff.
8) Into the puree, stir the cream and then fold the mixture into the egg whites.
9) Turn the concoction into a 2-pint strong, moulded glass or ovenproof dish.
10) To freeze for storage, cover the dish with a lid of foil, label and place in the freezer.
11) Thaw in the fridge overnight and serve as preferred. If desired, garnish with some whipped cream and fresh redcurrants before serving.
Calories 431 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.1%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.23%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 75.3 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 36.5 g
Protein 21 g41.7%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 109.9%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet