Dairy Free Pumpkin Mousse
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 Can)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Non dairy whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or Milk Free)|
|Chopped pecans||3 Tablespoon|
1) In a small saucepan, stir the unflavored gelatin in cold water over a low heat to dissolve.
2) Stir in the pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, salt, beaten egg yolks and sugar.
3) Cook over a medium heat until the mixture is heated thoroughly. Then allow the cool down.
4) Beat the sugar and egg whites until stiff, then fold into the pumpkin mixture.
5) Place in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
6) Serve with the whipped cream and chopped pecans.
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg23.5%
Sodium 189.5 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 31.4 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 97.1% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 4% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet