1) Separate the eggs firs and then put the yolks in a bowl. Add sugar and beat till the mixture is creamy.
2) Finely grate the lemon rind and squeeze the juice from both the lemons. Add to the egg mixture.
3) In a small bowl or cup with cold water, put the gelatine. Allow to stand for about 3 minutes so that the mixture becomes a sponge.
4) In a pan of simmering water, stand the bowl and let the gelatine dissolve properly.
5) Slightly cool and then stir into the lemon mixture. Keep aside for some minutes till the mixture starts to set.
6) Till they are stiff, whisk the egg whites and then fold them into the lemon mixture.
7) Put the concoction into a 2-pint straight-sided, strong moulded glass or ovenproof dish.
8) Freeze by covering with a lid of foil, labelling and freezing.
9) Remove the foil and allow the frozen preparation to thaw in the fridge for about 4 hours at room temperature. Serve as preferred.