Easy Lemon Mousse
|Caster sugar||100 Gram|
1) Separate the eggs firs and then put the yolks in a bowl. Add sugar and beat till the mixture is creamy.
2) Finely grate the lemon rind and squeeze the juice from both the lemons. Add to the egg mixture.
3) In a small bowl or cup with cold water, put the gelatine. Allow to stand for about 3 minutes so that the mixture becomes a sponge.
4) In a pan of simmering water, stand the bowl and let the gelatine dissolve properly.
5) Slightly cool and then stir into the lemon mixture. Keep aside for some minutes till the mixture starts to set.
6) Till they are stiff, whisk the egg whites and then fold them into the lemon mixture.
7) Put the concoction into a 2-pint straight-sided, strong moulded glass or ovenproof dish.
8) Freeze by covering with a lid of foil, labelling and freezing.
9) Remove the foil and allow the frozen preparation to thaw in the fridge for about 4 hours at room temperature. Serve as preferred.
Calories 388 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 157.2 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 50.8 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 107.8%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet