|Pomfret fillets/Any other white fish fillets||1 1⁄4 Kilogram (Reserve Heads And Bones)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bechamel sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Gelatin||2 Tablespoon, dissolved in 8 tbsp water|
|Chopped pickled pimento||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1 Lime)|
|Cream||300 Milliliter (With A Pinch Of Sodium Bicarbonate)|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||3 , finely sliced|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Wash fish head and bones.
2. Slice them into small bite-sized pieces.
2. In a pan combine fish heads, bones and cover with stock.
3. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. In another pan place chopped fish.
5. Strain in prepared stock.
6. Place pan over high heat and bring to boil.
7. Lower heat and simmer over medium flame for 4-6 minutes.
8. Remove from heat, cool and puree fish and stock in a blender or liquidizer.
9. In a mixing bowl, combine pureed fish with bechamel sauce.
10. Stir in dissolved gelatin and remaining ingredients for mousse.
11. Taste and adjust seasoning according to taste.
12. Pour mixture into a wetted jelly mold and place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours until set.
13. Carefully unmold on to a wet serving platter. To do so, immerse the mold into a warm water bath for 10 seconds, place platter on top of mold and invert both mold and platter in one go. Give a gentle tap.
14. Garnish with tomato slices arranging them around mousse.
15. Sprinkle parsley over tomatoes.
16 Serve chilled accompanied with warm melba toasts or crackers.
Calories 505 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.1 mg3.7%
Sodium 689.6 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 23.9 g
Protein 49 g97.8%
Vitamin A 22.4% Vitamin C 28.3%
Calcium 37.3% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet