|Onion||1 Small, skinned|
|Carrot||1 Small, peeled|
|Aspic jelly||3⁄4 Pint (Made From Aspic Jelly Powder)|
|Bacon streaky rashers||8 Ounce, smoked|
|Cooked chicken||12 Ounce, minced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped|
|Lettuce||1 , separated|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Tomatoes||2 , sliced|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
1) In a saucepan preapre sauce with milk, vegetables and flavourings and bring to boil.
2) Turn off heat, let it infuse for 15 min.
3) Make the sauce with the filtered infused milk.
4) Melt butter stir flour and cook for 2-3 min. Gently mix the milk.
5) Boil and add seasoning and cook for 2 min. Let it cool.
6) Add little of the cooled liquid aspic into a 1 1/2-pt mould.
7) Gently tilt over a bowl of ice cubes and turn so that the aspic coats the mould.
8) In a saucepan fry bacon in its own fat and mix chicken, bacon, sauce, lemon juice, sage and mayonnaise and the remaining aspic jelly.
9) As the mixture sets fold in the whipped cream.
10 ) Place in mould and set.
11) Serve immediately.