White Chocolate and Strawberry Mousse
|Strawberries||10 Ounce (750 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|White chocolate||9 Ounce, broken|
|Chocolate liqueur||1 Tablespoon|
|Powdered gelatin||12 Gram|
|Double cream||16 Fluid Ounce (450 Milliliter)|
|Icing sugar||1 Ounce|
1. In a blender or food processor add half the strawberries and puree until smooth.
2. Through a fine sieve into a bowl pass the pureed strawberries and add the lemon juice.
3. Slice the rest of the fruit and add to the puree. Refrigerate until required
4. In a heatproof bowl over a double boiler, add the chocolate pieces and chocolate liqueur, if using and leave for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time, until melted.
5. In a cup or small bowl sprinkle the gelatine over 50ml water and let it soak for 5 minutes.
6. Into a pan add a quarter of the cream, the sugar and warm gently.
7. Put in the soaked gelatine and stir for 5 minutes over a low heat such that the gelatine has dissolved - not letting the mixture to boil.
8. Into the melted chocolate add this cream mixture and stir until smooth.
9. Add three-quarters of the strawberry puree.
10. Into a bowl pour the remaining cream and whip until soft peaks form.
11. Gradually fold the whipped cream into the chocolate and strawberry mixture.
12. Between 4 serving glasses distribute the mixture and let it chill for at least 2 hrs or preferably overnight.
13. Chill the remaining strawberry puree, too.
14. On top of each mousse spoon the remaining strawberry puree and serve with a few crunchy biscotti, if desired.