Frozen Lemon Mousse
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) In a small bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks are formed, then
2) In another small bowl, combine the sugar, egg yolks, lemon juice and peel.
3) Beat at high speed until the mixture is thick and pale, then keep aside.
4) In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt together until light and foamy.
5) Gradually beat in 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks are formed.
6) Gently fold the egg yolk mixture and whipped cream into the egg whites.
7) Pour into a 5-cup ungreased mold or a 10 inch pie plate and freeze until firm.
8) Allow to stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes then serve in a nice plate.