Pears With Ginger Mousse
|Pears in syrup||8 Small (Just Ripe)|
|White wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Gelatin||2 Tablespoon, dissolved in 8 tablespoon hot water|
|Flour||25 Gram, sifted|
|Almonds||50 Gram, blanched, peeled and finely sliced|
1. Preheat oven to 200 degree C and grease a baking tray.
2. Take out pears from syrup and boil syrup rapidly till reduced by half.
3. Strain syrup into a bowl.
4. Cool pears and syrup.
5. To make the Mousse, place egg yolks in a bowl and place bowl over simmering water.
6. Beat egg yolks till thick.
7. Add sugar and continue to beat until its pale and forms ribbons when dropped.
8. Stir in ginger powder and dissolved gelatine.
9. Semi-set over ice or in the refrigerator, folding occasionally with a metal spoon.
10. Whip cream to soft peak stage.
11. Fold into semi set mousse mixture.
12. Continue to set, folding mixture occasionally so that it is smooth.
13. Spoon mousse into small wet moulds and place them in the refrigerator till set.
14. To make the tuilies, sieve flour with salt into a bowl and set aside.
15. Cream butter in a bowl till soft and light.
16. Sprinkle sugar and whisk till light and fluffy.
17. Include flour and almonds and mix well.
18. Over the prepared baking tray place heaped teaspoons of batter 2-inches apart.
19. Press down lightly with a wet fork.
20. Bake in preheated oven for about 6 to 8 minutes, till just light brown.
21. Remove them from oven and allow to rest for a few seconds, till firm but pliable.
22. Quickly loosen with a palette knife and put them on a wire rack to cool.
23. Unmould the mousse on dessert plates.
24. Arrage the poached pears on top and drizzle the syrup around.
25 Decorate with the tuillies.