Salmon Mousse with Avocado Sauce
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned salmon||16 Ounce, boned (1 Can)|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||3 , minced|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
1. Take a small bowl with cold water, add gelatin and stir. Pour in ½ a cup of boiling water and stir to dissolve gelatin.
2. Take a large mixing bowl, add rest of the ingredients for the mousse and mix in the gelatin.
3. Take a 4 cup ring or fish mold, grease mildly and stuff in salmon mixture. Cover slightly and allow to chill till set. Using a spatula, loosen the sides after the mixture is set.
4. Take a food processor or blender, pass all the ingredients of avocado sauce through it and blend well.
5. Take a serving platter and unmold the mousse. Use parsley, tomatoes and cucumber slices to garnish mousse and serve with Avocado Sauce.