|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Gelatin||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bottled clam broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber slice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Pick crabmeat and remove all bits of shell.
2) In a bowl flake the crabmeat.
3) Mix cheese and pound. Alternately whirl meat and cheese in a blender with the cream at a medium speed for 1-2 minutes.
4) In a small bowl soak gelatin in the water for 5 minutes. Stir and dissolve it over hot water
5) Mix clam broth.
6) Add to crab mixture and add the cream if not used so far.
7) Sprinkle salt, freshly ground black pepper, a pinch of cayenne, and lemon juice on it.
8) Place in refrigerator till cold and thick.
9) Beat egg whites till stiff. Fold into crab mixture.
10) Transfer mousse into a souffle dish. Keep aside in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
11) Place souffle dish in very hot water for 5 seconds.
12) Unmold mousse on a chilled round platter.
13) Serve with thin cucumber slices decorated on top. Compliment with a potato and chive salad or tossed green salad.