Peach Macaroon Mousse
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cointreau/Other orange-flavored liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart, softened|
|Macaroon crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced fresh peaches||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In top of a double boiler, combine together the gelatin and cold water. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
2) Place over the boiling water and cook till the gelatin has dissolved, constantly stirring.
3) Remove mixture from the heat and stir in the liqueur and sugar.
4) Add the ice cream, 1 ½ cup peaches and ice cream and stir the mixture well.
5) Till soft peaks are formed, beat the whipping cream and fold it into the gelatin mixture.
6) Pour concoction into a 7-cup mold which has been oiled and freeze till mixture has firmed.
7) Serve chilled after unmolding on a serving platter. If preferred, garnish with additional peaches and whipped cream.
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60%
Saturated Fat 25.4 g127.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.2 mg51.4%
Sodium 156.4 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 49.1 g
Protein 9 g17.9%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 68.5%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 0.98%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet