Frozen Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hazelnut liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped toasted hazelnuts||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Or Filberts)|
1. In a small saucepan, dissolve sugar in water.
2. Bring to a boil over medium flame until thick.
3. Take pan off the flame.
4. In a food processor or blender bowl, break chocolate pieces.
5. Gradually pour the hot syrup over the chocolate, while blending on a medium speed.
6. Blend into a smooth sauce
7. Add liqueur and egg yolks, one at a time, blending into the sauce.
8. Keep mixture aside.
9. In a large clean dry bowl, whip cream with an electric beater or wire whisk stiff and forms peaks.
10. Gently fold in the chocolate mixture using a spatula.
11. Then fold in hazelnuts.
12. Spoon the mixture into 6 dessert bowls or into a bombe mould.
13. Place in the freezer to chill until firm.
14. Remove to room temperature 5 minutes before serving.
15. Serve in the bowls or umould on a serving plate if using a bombe mould.