Try your hand at this restaurant-quality Chocolate Mousse recipe for your loved ones this Valentine's Day or anytime you want to impress your guests.
Grand marnier liqueur
4 Tablespoon, divided
6 Ounce, finely chopped (62% to 70% cocoa mass)
4 Tablespoon, diced (at room temperature)
Cream of tartar
1. Over a pan of boiling water, place a bowl and whisk egg yolks in it.
2. Add in the Grand Marnier, sugar and a touch of water so that the eggs do not curdle. Continue whisking over boiling water.
3. Using an electric beater beat egg whites with cream of tartar until it forms soft peaks. Add sugar and beat to form stiff peaks.
4. Add the chocolate and butter to the hot yolk mixture. Mix well using a spatula until chocolate melts.
5. Gently fold in the egg white, a little at a time into the chocolate mixture.
6. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.