Chocolate mousse is a great dessert for entertaining because it looks pretty, everyone gets their own serving, and you need to make it at least several hours ahead of time. A chocolate mousse is a form of dessert typically made from eggs, cream, sugar, and chocolate. Once only a specialty of French restaurants, chocolate mousse entered into American and English home cuisine in the 1960s. Prepare yourself and enjoy!!
Bittersweet chocolate/Semisweet chocolate
1⁄2 Pound (Use Good Quality)
6 Large, separated
4 Tablespoon (Of Your Choice)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
8 Tablespoon, separated 4 and 4
1) Slowly melt chocolate over a water bath. Add the cordial and mix thoroughly. Remove the chocolate from the water bath and set aside
2) Separate the eggs and place the yolks in a small bowl.
3) Save the egg whites in a separate bowl that you will whip later.
4) Wisk 3 Tbls of water into the yolks.
5) Wisk the yolks constantly over the water bath,until you have
a custard like consistency. Blend into the melted chocolate
6) Place the chocolate mixture back into the water bath until
thorougly blended. Take out of the water bath and set aside.
7) Beat 2 cups of the heavy cream with 4 Tbls of the sugar.
Beat until you have soft peaks. Then lightly fold into chocolate.
8) Beat egg whites until soft peak stage then add the remaining
4Tbls of sugar and continue until the egg whites are fluffy
9) Mix gently folding over and under with spatula. Pour the mousse into a serving bowl.
10) Decorate with whipped cream,shaved chocolate and raspberries.
This video is a creation of chef-ellie-espo. You can visit chef-ellie-espo for complete recipes, and more videos.