Fluffy Banana And Pineapple Mousse
|Cottage cheese||8 Ounce (225 Gram / 1 Cup)|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||15 Ounce (1 Can / 425 Gram, Pieces)|
|Powdered gelatin||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon / 1 Sachet)|
1. Tie a double band of non-stick baking paper around a 600 ml / 1 pint / 2 1/2 cup souffle dish, to come 5 cm / 2 in above the rim.
2. Peel and chop one banana and place it in a food processor or blender with the cottage cheese. Process until smooth.
3. Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice, and reserve a few pieces or chunks for decoration. Add the rest to the banana mixture and process for a few seconds until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
4. Dissolve the gelatine in 60 ml / 4 tbsp of the reserved pineapple juice. Stir the gelatine quickly into the fruit mixture with a spoon.
5. In a separate bowl, quickly whisk the egg whites until they hold soft peaks, then fold them lightly and evenly into the fruit mixture. Tip the mousse into the prepared dish, smooth the surface and chill until set.
6. When the mousse is set, carefully remove the paper collar. Decorate the mousse with the reserved banana and pineapple.