Fish Gelatin Mousse
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (Plain Variety)|
|Cold water||4 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water/Fish stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Flaked cooked fish||2 Cup (32 tbs), or canned|
|Evaporated milk/Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
|Cooked asparagus||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ripe tomato wedges/Ripe avocado wedges||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Set a 1-quart mold in the refrigerator to chill until the gelatin mixture is ready. Then rinse the mold with cold water but do not dry it.
2. Soak the gelatin in the cold water; then stir it into the boiling liquid.
3. Mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Add to the gelatin mixture with salt.
4. Let stand until it begins to set, then add the flaked fish. Fold in the whipped cream.
5. Pour into the rinsed mold. Chill until firm in the refrigerator, 1 hour or longer.
6. Unmold on a platter on which chilled, cooked asparagus spears, tomato wedges or slices of avocado are used as garnish.