Cream Cheese Salmon Mousse
|Canned salmon in water||7 Ounce, mashed, drained|
|Whipped cream cheese||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Reduced-calorie mayonnaise||8 Teaspoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Finely diced red onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Drained capers||2 Tablespoon, rinsed|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Teaspoon|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/2 Packet)|
1. Spray a 7 3/8 x 3 5/8 x 2 1/4-inch nonstick loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cut a sheet of wax paper 7 1/2 inches long and set in pan, folding excess paper over wide sides of pan; spray pan again with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl combine salmon, cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion, capers, parsley, and lemon juice; mix well and set aside.
3. In 1-quart saucepan sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water; let stand 1 minute to soften. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 1 minute. Stir in broth mix. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
4. Using mixer on medium-high speed, beat egg whites until stiff.
5. Add gelatin mixture to salmon mixture and stir to thoroughly combine. Add 1/3 of the egg whites to salmon-gelatin mixture and stir to combine; fold in remaining egg whites.
6. Spoon salmon mixture into prepared pan, spreading top smooth. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
7. To serve, invert pan onto serving platter and cut crosswise into 8 equal slices.