|Cooking apples||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Honey||75 Milliliter (5 Tablespoon)|
|Water||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Egg whites||3 , beaten|
– Peel, core and cut apples into pieces.
– In a saucepan, cook apples with honey and water until mixture thickens to a compote. Cool.
– Add lemon juice and cinnamon. Stir.
– In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, and fold into apple compote.
– Pour into serving cups. Garnish with maraschino cherries.