Mousse Filled Oranges
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Sugar||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|35% cream||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Sugar||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
– Slice tops from oranges and scoop out flesh with a spoon without breaking skin.
– In blender, puree orange pulp.
– In a stove-top casserole, combine orange pulp, lemon juice, vanilla extract and sugar; boil and stir until mixture thickens to the consistency of jam; cool.
– In a bowl, whip cream until firm.
– In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and sugar into stiff peaks.
– With a spatula, fold whipped cream into orange mixture; add beaten egg whites.
– Fill orange shells with orange mousse; decorate with blanched, julienned orange peel. Keep the shells from tipping by propping them up with arranged orange slices or some other device.