Mousse Filled Oranges
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|Sugar||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|35% cream||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Sugar||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
– Slice tops from oranges and scoop out flesh with a spoon without breaking skin.
– In blender, puree orange pulp.
– In a stove-top casserole, combine orange pulp, lemon juice, vanilla extract and sugar; boil and stir until mixture thickens to the consistency of jam; cool.
– In a bowl, whip cream until firm.
– In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and sugar into stiff peaks.
– With a spatula, fold whipped cream into orange mixture; add beaten egg whites.
– Fill orange shells with orange mousse; decorate with blanched, julienned orange peel. Keep the shells from tipping by propping them up with arranged orange slices or some other device.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1229 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.3%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g75.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.5 mg27.5%
Sodium 146.5 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 250 g83.3%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.3%
Sugars 229.1 g
Protein 14 g28.4%
Vitamin A 45.1% Vitamin C 490.2%
Calcium 40% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet