Shrimp Mousse As First Course
|Canned cod roe caviar paste||7 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Shelled and deveined shrimp||1⁄4 Pound|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Yellow onion||1 Small|
|Head of lettuce||1|
1. Sprinkle the gelatin in 1/2 cup of cold water. Heat until dissolved.
2. Chop the onion finely. Cut the shrimp in pieces, saving a few for decoration.
3. Mix the caviar paste and the dissolved gelatin. Whip the cream to a stiff peak. Mix all ingredients.
4. Rinse a bowl or mold with cold water. Pour the mixture into the mold and let it set in the refrigerator about 3 hours.
5. Place the shrimp mousse in the center of a serving dish. Place whole shrimp on top of the mousse and place lettuce, cut in strips, around the outside.