Shrimp Mousse As First Course
|Canned cod roe caviar paste||7 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Shelled and deveined shrimp||1⁄4 Pound|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Yellow onion||1 Small|
|Head of lettuce||1|
1. Sprinkle the gelatin in 1/2 cup of cold water. Heat until dissolved.
2. Chop the onion finely. Cut the shrimp in pieces, saving a few for decoration.
3. Mix the caviar paste and the dissolved gelatin. Whip the cream to a stiff peak. Mix all ingredients.
4. Rinse a bowl or mold with cold water. Pour the mixture into the mold and let it set in the refrigerator about 3 hours.
5. Place the shrimp mousse in the center of a serving dish. Place whole shrimp on top of the mousse and place lettuce, cut in strips, around the outside.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1533 Calories from Fat 1118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g194.2%
Saturated Fat 63.5 g317.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1785.9 mg595.3%
Sodium 3920.7 mg163.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 90 g180.3%
Vitamin A 600.2% Vitamin C 115.8%
Calcium 88.4% Iron 151.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet