Quick Orange Mousse
|For the orange sauce|
|Orange squash||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cornflour||1 Tablespoon (dissolved in 1 tbsp water)|
|Roughly chopped white chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Beaten whipped cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Orange color||2 Drop|
- For the orange sauce
- In a deep non–stick pan, combine all the ingredients. Cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Combine chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Remove and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture and keep aside.
- Combine sugar, beaten whipped cream, orange sauce and orange color in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Add chocolate-milk mixture and fold gently.
- Pour equal quantities of the mixture into 4 individual bowls / glasses and refrigerate for atleast 3 to 4 hours or till the mousse sets.
- Garnish with orange segments and serve chilled.
Calories 604 Calories from Fat 388
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.3%
Saturated Fat 31.5 g157.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.8 mg44.3%
Sodium 94.7 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 38 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 0.21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet