|Chopped fresh strawberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crumbled paneer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (fresh cottage cheese)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strawberry crush||2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Powdered agar agar||2 Tablespoon (China grass)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beaten whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped strawberries||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl, combine chopped strawberry and sugar. Mash gently using the back of a spoon and set aside.
2. In mixer, place paneer, 1 tablespoon milk, strawberry crush and powdered sugar. Blend until smooth and set aside.
3. In a non-stick pan, combine agar-agar, remaining milk and ¼ cup water. Stir constantly and bring to boil. Remove from the flame and strain the mixture using a sieve.
4. Into a deep bowl, pour the sieved agar agar milk mixture and place the bowl in a deep vessel filled with ice-cubes. Whisk the mixture continuously for 8-10 minutes or until mixture cools and thickens and no lumps remain.
5. Add paneer-strawberry mixture, mashed strawberries and lemon juice. Mix well.
6. Add the whipped cream and fold gently.
7. In individual glasses, spoon the mixture in equal portion and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or until the mousse sets.
8. Garnish with strawberries and serve chilled.
Approx. 3 gms of agar-agar gives 2 tbsp of powdered agar-agar.
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.7%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.2 mg29.1%
Sodium 81.2 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet