Cornmeal Molasses Waffles
|Sour milk/Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Safflower oil/Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Barbados molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
1) The waffle iron is brushed, dipped in a mixture of oil and liquid lecithin and then pre-heated.
2) All the ingredients are blended with the help of an electric blender or a wire whisk.
3) The waffles are browned on the iron, using 1/4 cup of the batter for each waffle.
4) The waffles are cooked, till the light on the waffle iron goes off, which is an indication that the waffles are done.
5) They are served hot with maple syrup or honey.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1566 Calories from Fat 420
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.7%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g66.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 3796.6 mg158.2%
Total Carbohydrates 239 g79.6%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.6%
Sugars 64.6 g
Protein 56 g112.1%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 314.8% Iron 94.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet