Cornmeal Molasses Waffles
|Sour milk/Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Safflower oil/Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Barbados molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
1) The waffle iron is brushed, dipped in a mixture of oil and liquid lecithin and then pre-heated.
2) All the ingredients are blended with the help of an electric blender or a wire whisk.
3) The waffles are browned on the iron, using 1/4 cup of the batter for each waffle.
4) The waffles are cooked, till the light on the waffle iron goes off, which is an indication that the waffles are done.
5) They are served hot with maple syrup or honey.