Spicy Molasses Balls
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sieved|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Clove powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||To Taste (as required)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and spice powders. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, cream shortening.
5. Add sugar and cream till mixture is fluffy and light.
6. Add molasses and egg and mix well.
7. Add sieved ingredients and mix well into dough.
8. Shape into 3/4 inch diameter balls and dip top of each in sugar.
9. Place each at 2 inches distance on baking tray and bake in pre heated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or till done.
10. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 48 no-€™s.
11. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately.