Oatmeal Molasses Cookies
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sieved|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Clove powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Quick rolled oats||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), melted|
|Molasses||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour with rest of the dry ingredients. Sieve together and add oats and raisins. Mix well and keep aside.
3. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine shortening, milk, molasses and eggs. Mix well.
5. Pour over oat mixture and mix well.
6. Place spoonfuls on baking tray and bake in pre heated oven for 8 to 12 minutes or till done.
7. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 36 no-€™s.
8. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately.