Molasses Ginger Cookies
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sieved|
|Dry milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Clove powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, all spices, soda, milk and salt. Sieve together. Keep aside.
4. In another bowl, combine mollases, sugar and shortening and cream well.
5. Add eggs and mix well.
6. Add sieved ingredients, mix well and refrigerate.
7. Shape into 1 ¼ inch balls or place spoonfuls on greased baking tray.
8. Bake in pre heated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or till done.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes around 8 dozen cookies.
10. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately or store in a cookie jar.