Grandma's Molasses Buttons
Sugar - 2 cups
Eggs - 2
Molasses - 1/2 cup, Un-sulphured
Vinegar - 2 teaspoons
Al-purpose flour - 3 3/4 cups, sifted
Ginger - 1 tablespoon, ground
Baking soda - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon, ground
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, using a sieve sift flour with ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. Grease and flour a cookie sheet and keep aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar, eggs, molasses and vinegar.
5. Add the dry flour ingredient mixture into the creamed mixture and stir until well combined.
6. Using a 1 level teaspoon measure, shape the mixture into small balls.
7. On the greased cookie sheets, place the balls and bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Remove cookies on wire rack for cooling completely.
9. Serve Grandma's Molasses Buttons alone or with a hot beverage.