Molasses Ginger Joys
|Softened butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2) In a baking sheet, spray with a vegetable spray.
3) In a large bowl, beat the butter, molasses and honey together.
4) Then beat in the egg; blend thoroughly.
5) In a medium bowl, whisk the whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger together.
6) Stir into the egg mixture, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
7) Divide the dough into four portions and roll out each section between lightly floured waxed papers into an oblong shape about 1/8-inch thick.
8) Cut out 2-inch circles with a cookie cutter or a juice glass and place on the prepared baking sheet.
9) Bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes until the cookies are brown at the bottom.
10) Allow to cool on wire racks, then repeat with rest of the dough and reroll trimmings to make more cookies.
11) Serve the Molasses Ginger Joys on a platter or store in an airtight container until needed.