Molasses Baked Soybeans
|Dried soybeans||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Sweet pepper||1⁄2 , chopped (Green / Red)|
|Soy oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Tomato paste||150 Milliliter (2/3 Cup)|
|Black strap molasses||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Honey||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Tamari||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Soybean cooking liquid/Vegetable stock||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
1) Soak the soybeans overnight.
2) Preheat the oven to 350Â° F.
3) In the oven or over the stove, cook the soybeans until tender.
4) In a medium skillte, saute the onion in hot oil until tender.
5) In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
6) Transfer the mixture including soybeans to a large casserole dish.
7) Cover the dish and bake for one hour in hot oven.
8) Remove the cover and bake for another 45 minutes, stirring ocassionaly.
9) Serve the baked soybeans as side dish.