Orange Molasses Cookies
|Butter||250 Gram (1 Cup)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 375Â°F (190Â°C).
2) Mix the butter with the sugar until the mixture becomes light and creamy.
3) Whilst beating, add in the orange rind and eggs and then stir in the molasses.
4) Combine together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg and add to the mixture.
5) Mix thoroughly and let it chill for at least one hour.
6) Roll out on a board layered with flour to a thickness of 1/4 inch (5 mm).
7) Sprinkle on top with sugar and roll lightly.
8) Cut into shapes desired and place on a previously buttered cookie sheet.
9) Bake in a 375Â°F (190Â°C) oven for about 10 minutes.
10) Serve with tea or coffee.