Orange Molasses Cookies
|Butter||250 Gram (1 Cup)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 375Â°F (190Â°C).
2) Mix the butter with the sugar until the mixture becomes light and creamy.
3) Whilst beating, add in the orange rind and eggs and then stir in the molasses.
4) Combine together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg and add to the mixture.
5) Mix thoroughly and let it chill for at least one hour.
6) Roll out on a board layered with flour to a thickness of 1/4 inch (5 mm).
7) Sprinkle on top with sugar and roll lightly.
8) Cut into shapes desired and place on a previously buttered cookie sheet.
9) Bake in a 375Â°F (190Â°C) oven for about 10 minutes.
10) Serve with tea or coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5578 Calories from Fat 1920
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 218 g336.1%
Saturated Fat 132.7 g663.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 960.5 mg320.2%
Sodium 3125.2 mg130.2%
Total Carbohydrates 851 g283.8%
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g65%
Sugars 399.5 g
Protein 67 g133.7%
Vitamin A 136.6% Vitamin C 51.5%
Calcium 92.1% Iron 229.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet