|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
1) Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch jelly roll pan with waxed paper and grease.
2) In a bowl, add the shortening and cream till light.
3) Add in the sugar and molasses and beat till light and fluffy.
4) Beat in the egg whites.
5) Combine and sift the flour, soda, and salt.
6) Add into the molasses mix and mix well.
7) Add in the coconut and blend.
8) Add the batter into the pan.
9) Place in the oven and bake at 350° F for 30 to 35 minutes.
10) Turn out onto a baking sheet.
11) Remove the paper and turn right side up.
13) Cut into 1 x 2-inch bars.