Soft Molasses Cookies
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Take a saucepan suitable for making dough, heat shortening in it.
3. Put molasses and sugar to it and allow to cool.
4. Sieve flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
5. Take a little quantity of flour, put it in the shortening mixture.
6. Blend in egg.
7. Put the reserved flour mixture and stir well.
8. Refrigerate dough for 2 hours.
9. Once firm, make balls of 1 ¼ inch.
10. Take a baking sheet, put the balls on it at a distance of 2 inch.
11. Bake for 15 minutes.
12. Roll over confectioner’s sugar once baked.
13. Serve in a dish.