|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsulphured molasses||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a large sauce pan, melt the butter.
2) Stir the molasses and sugar into the melted butter and allow the sugar to melt. Allow the mixture to cool.
3) In a large glass bowl, sift together the flour, salt, soda, and spices
4) Add 1/3rd of the sifted flour into saucepan and stir into the butter and molasses mixture. Gradually beat in the egg until batter is smooth in consistency.
5) Add remaining flour to the saucepan.
6) Chill the dough for about 2 hours in the refrigerator.
7) Pre heat the oven to 350F
8) Shape the dough into 1 inch balls
9) On an ungreased cookie sheet, Place the balls, 2 inches apart from each other.
10) Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or till golden brown.
11) Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool and harden slightly before serving.