Molasses Fruit Balls
|Raisins||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
|Pitted dates||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dried figs||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Grated lemon rind||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Force the raisins, dates, figs, and walnuts through the medium blade of a food chopper.
3. Mix together the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt.
4. Cream the butter, sugar, lemon rind, and molasses until well blended. Stir in fruit-nut mixture and dry ingredients.
5. Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and arrange on lightly oiled baking sheets (balls do not spread).
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom. Cool on wire racks, then roll in sugar.