|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 gram)|
|Plain chocolate||6 Ounce, broken into pieces (175 gram)|
|Rum||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Coffee essence||3 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter, for finish)|
|Plain chocolate||2 Ounce (50 gram, for finish)|
1) In a heatproof bowl, add the egg yolks, butter and chocolate together.
2) Stand the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and allow to melt.
3) Remove from heat, then beat in the rum and coffee, until thoroughly blended.
4) In a bowl, stiffly beat the egg whites, then fold into the chocolate mixture.
5) In 8 small ramekin dishes or pots, pour the mixture and keep in a cool place to set.
6) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage. Cover with a foil, seal, label and freeze.
7) Garnish the Mocha Pots with cream and chocolate and serve.
8) If using the frozen dish, thaw in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Serve as indicated in step 7.
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.9%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.2 mg55.4%
Sodium 56 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 3% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet